The past few weeks have been busy here at Confluent…
First, we are proud to announce that our managing partner, Evan Chaki, was named as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for Business Solutions, recognizing his knowledge of and commitment to the PowerApps platform. Congrats Evan!
Second, we were thrilled to attend Microsoft Ignite 2017 at the end of September. Evan joined James Phillips, Microsoft Corporate VP, Business Applications Group, and Scott Melzer, Vice President of IT and Purchasing for Confluent’s customer IPS, during the business keynote to discuss how IPS has used PowerApps to transform their business applications. Watch the keynote here (the IPS/Confluent discussion begins around the 1:22 point in the video).
In addition to all of the great PowerApps content, here are our other takeaways from Ignite:
- The digital transformation is upon us, and Microsoft’s suite of business applications continue to dominate with innovation and interconnectivity.
- The PowerApps roadmap is super exciting. Our highlights: anything SharePoint, ALM, model-driven apps, and SQL!!!!!
- The Administration and ALM best practices for PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Common Data Service session by @joleinik is chicken soup for the administrator in you.
- The Surface line of hardware would have even the staunchest Mac-boy aficionado thinking about making the jump to Windows.
- Mixed reality is real, and its presence in your daily life is nigh. The keynote demo with Ford competed with the Rolls Royce demo at Inspire.
Watch more of the Microsoft Ignite keynotes and sessions online at https://myignite.microsoft.com/videos.